Since its creation in 1968, the Youth Service Fund has enabled youth to support one another in ministry around the world.
YSF truly is youth in ministry. Here's how it works:
Youth raise and contribute money
Whether through an imaginative fundraiser, individual gifts, or asking the congregation for a special offering, each year youth raise thousands of dollars for YSF. These funds are sent to the treasurer of your Annual Conference to be combined with the gifts of other youth in the area.
Youth distribute funding to youth projects
When all of the donations are joined together within an Annual Conference, 70% of the total goes to projects selected by youth in leadership from the region. The remaining 30% is sent to GCFA, and this amount is used to fund projects that a team of youth from around the world select. Most importantly, the projects supported are designed and led by youth, for the benefit of their peers. (Book of Discipline 2012, ¶649. 3. i-k; ¶1208)
Learn more here.