Director Middle and Senior High School Youth, Arlington Heights UMC, Fort Worth, Texas
Arlington Heights UMC, in the heart of the cultural district of Fort Worth, is seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual to lead our middle and senior high youth in discipleship. Individual must be committed to providing ministry in a Wesleyan context. Responsibilities include: providing faith-based programming on Sunday and Wednesday evenings, recruiting and nurturing adult volunteers, overseeing youth Sunday school and Confirmation (8th grade), planning and leading a summer mission trip, providing additional fellowship and discipleship opportunities throughout the year, developing relationships with students by being present in the community, and other youth-related responsibilities.
Additional responsibilities include: collaborating with staff and laity to provide inter-generational ministry programming, providing media assistance, and assisting with social media. This position has some flexibility regarding schedule, and does require evening and weekend hours.
The ideal candidate has:
- A commitment to serve as a disciple of Jesus the Christ.
- A passion for leading youth into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- A commitment to create a culture of invitation.
- At least two years' experience working with middle and high school youth.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate well with all ages.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- A bachelor's degree.
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to: Rev. Mary Spradlin, Senior Pastor - firstname.lastname@example.org.