Director of Youth Ministries (Part-Time) Hanover, PA
First United Methodist Church of Hanover, PA (FUMC) is seeking a part-time Director of Youth Ministries to join their ministry team. A growing church, in an expanding community, FUMC is looking for a creative, entrepreneurial person to minister to the needs of our youth and their families. Located between Gettysburg and York, in Southcentral PA. Conveniently located near Baltimore, MD and Washington DC. Hanover is ripe with history and is home to numerous manufacturers and business.
Title: Director of Youth Ministries
Hours: Part-time, 25 hours weekly
The director of youth ministry exists to develop, nurture, and implement an engaging, comprehensive, intergenerational, and holistic ministry to, with, and through youth of the First United Methodist Church and wider community.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Develop a vision and mission for ministry among youth that supports the overarching vision and mission of First United Methodist Church.
- Invite youth to meet God through “Next Generation” ministries at FUMC. This includes, but is not limited to, nurturing the spiritual lives of those who are already a part of FUMC, as well as the wider community of Hanover.
- Connect youth to God through the ministries of FUMC.
- Disciple youth through Sunday School and Sunday evening ministries, as well as special events.
- Send youth into the community to serve the world by way of local service opportunities and regular mission trips
- Prayerfully recruit, nurture, train, and deploy a team of committed adult leaders for all aspects of adolescent ministry who will invest in the lives of youth.
- Actively participate in the staff culture as a learning community.
- Network with area/regional ministries who share a common purpose in ministry.
- Ability to maintain a safe and open environment to lead and guide youth.
- • A vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ with a clear call from God to youth ministry.
- • Self-motivated leader committed to continued learning and development.
- • Team player, who resonates with the mission and vision of FUMC.
- • An effective communicator, who can link across multiple ages.
- • Ability to explain the gospel and disciple people.
- • Entrepreneurial spirit.
- • Evidences a basic understanding of adolescent cultural trends and issues.
- • Attuned to time management in a fast pace environment.
Interested candidates can email Dave Jones, the chairperson of Staff Parish Relations Committee, at email@example.com. Deadline for application is December 31, 2017.