Franklin, TN: Youth Ministry Coordinator
Be part of a team that loves, leads, and serves youth, families, and our community.
The youth ministry team at Franklin First UMC is growing! We are seeking a full-time Youth Ministry Coordinator to join us in living our mission to: Love God, Love Others, and Live Weird. Use your gifts and skills to build meaningful relationships, create transformational experiences, and equip youth to be disciples of Jesus.
Franklin First United Methodist Church was founded in 1799 in Franklin, TN. The church offers both traditional and modern worship experiences with an average weekly attendance over 1,100. FFUMC actively serves our local community as well as globally through a variety of missions programs and relationships. The youth ministry is a vital and thriving part of the church. Regular programs for youth include Sunday morning youth group and Wednesday Night Live small groups. The youth ministry also offers short-term mission trips, retreats, a ski trip, and Discovery Weekend; a middle school retreat led by high school youth. The ministry has over 80 adult volunteers and four paid staff positions.
To be a good fit for our team, you should possess these attributes:
- Creativity: Ability to adapt to effectively reach and minister to youth and their families. Try new methods in order to achieve the mission.
- Cooperative: Committed to being a team member with the youth and church staff and volunteers.
- Relationally Skilled: The ability to initiate and maintain relationships with youth, parents, adult volunteers, and other staff.
- Executor: Proficient in executing and following through on assigned tasks and duties.
- Alignment with United Methodism: Possess a working knowledge of Wesleyan theology and principles. Beliefs should be in alignment with the United Methodist Church.
Franklin First UMC is located just 15 miles south of Nashville in historic Franklin, TN. Our growing town offers Southern charm and hospitality and has won several national awards for being a great place to live and visit. Franklin has many great local restaurants, a variety of events and festivals throughout the year, and a vibrant downtown.
To learn more about this position, please see the job description.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume to Hank Hilliard; Director of Youth Ministries.
Franklin First UMC
120 Aldersgate Way
Franklin, TN 37069