Las Cruces, NM: Part-time Director of Children, Youth and Young Adult Ministries
The Director of Children, Youth and Young Adult Ministries will be able to conceptualize, articulate, and carry out his/her work as a ministry education, fellowship, mission and outreach in order to know Christ, grow in Christ, and show Christ’s love. This person will support the overall ministry of UUMC by living a life that reflects the highest level of moral integrity, by faithfully attending UUMC worship services, by seeking continued growth both spiritually and professionally, by protecting the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality, and by serving as a key team player, helping guide the church to fulfill its overall mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide critical staff support for all Children and Youth programming by:
- recruiting, training, and equipping volunteers;
- researching and securing age-appropriate curricula/programming for Sunday School andUUMC Youth;
- promoting and publicizing programs, opportunities, and special eventsappropriate for youth;
- working with the congregation to implement/improve our Safe Sanctuaries policy.
2. Radical outreach to walk along children, youth and young adults in their worlds outside the church and build trust and relationships.
3. Work closely with the pastor, staff, and lay leadership to develop andfoster emerging ministry areasof particular interest to youth;
4. Perform related duties as required.
Organizing and coordinating volunteers in a wide range of ministry activities; communicating in written, oral, and electronic forms; working with various age-level groupings; short- and long-range planning.
Relate well with people of various ages, backgrounds, interests, and talents; organize effectively for mission and ministry; display emotional and spiritual maturity as well assound judgement; demonstrate radical hospitality, passionate worship, intentional faith development, risk-taking mission and service, and extravagant generosity.
Requirements: Minimum age of 23 to comply with UUMC Safe Sanctuaries Policy. Experience in a wide range of ministries in the local church, particularly with respect to children, youth and young adult ministries. Familiarity with the structure, policies, teaching, and mission of The United Methodist Church.
Job Type: Part-time
Please submit a copy of your resume, 3 references (at least 1 in relation to your work with Children, youth, and Young Adults), and answer the following questions.
- How many years of Children's and/or Youth Ministry experience do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you speak Spanish?
Applications can be submitted to the University UMC office
2000 S. Locust St.
Las Cruces, NM 88001