Manassas, VA: Next Generation and Outreach Ministries
Sudley United Methodist Church in Manassas, Virginia is seeking a full-time Director of Next Generation and Outreach Ministries. This leader would oversee the discipleship of middle school, high school, and college-aged persons along with coordinating all outreach connections for the church. Sudley is looking for a person grounded in a firm faith in Jesus who is energized through serving and connecting with the community and is passionate about discipling the next generation of young people. Located about 30 miles from Washington, D.C. and near North Virginia Community College, Sudley Church is made up of members who are becoming fully devoted followers of Christ to bring hope and healing to their community and the world. Some at Sudley embrace a traditional Methodist theology and others are more centrist. Worship is experienced in a variety of styles. This position would report directly to the pastor.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Be the primary minister, advocate, and ambassador for the middle school and high school youth and college-aged young adults
- Work with an established volunteer team to continue to create engaging opportunities where the next generation encounter mission, worship, learning, and fellowship
- Build relationships with community service organizations and mission groups and organize opportunities for church members to connect and serve on mission together.
- Establishing internal marketing and communication with parents, volunteer leaders, families, and the larger congregation
- Reach out to the community to connect people to Christ utilizing social media and varied marketing tools
- Collaborate with the district and other Methodist churches in the area in event planning
- Develop and maintain the next generation ministry budget and local outreach budget
Qualifications for this position are:
- College graduate
- Experience working or volunteering in church ministry, specifically with youth
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Knowledge and utilization of adolescent-popular social media platforms
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Ability to organize, focus, and multi-task
- Eager to grow, team smart, and a humble servant leader
Additional Skills Appreciated:
- Proficiency with website updating
- Familiarity with audio visual tools to photograph, promote, and record events and activities
Qualified candidates should send their resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.