Things You Can Use / Oct 15, 2018
Note to the Teacher
The Scripture for today could be pretty dramatic, yet by having the audio Bible do the reading, it creates a different feel for the words. We do not know how God said these words to Job, but the audio along with the storm sounds can set up the power of the silence when God spoke.
|Time||Description of Activity|
1. Ice Breaker
Review the story of Job up to this point, remind students of all that has happened to him:
It’s like he’s been through a hurricane!
Job has been asking God, pushing him, and complaining to him. How can all this be happening?! In Job 38, God responds.
2. Read Scripture Job 38:1-7, 34-41
4. Activity and Discussion:
Take this lesson to the next level with a new experience using the activity Sacred Silence, exploring Job 38 from the Youthworker Collective: (https://youthworkercollective.com/sacred-silence-exploring-job-38 )
Close in the manner that is typical for you. Consider taking joys and concerns from the students, then ask for a volunteer to close in prayer.
- Journaling paper, pens, blank paper for drawing, Bibles
- YouVersion App – download NIV version with audio
- Find a video of a storm – a hurricane would be easiest to connect to this story – you want the sound
- Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae96xf293Dc about 4.5 minutes in you’ll find storm footage– play loud!
Print a picture of the eye of a hurricane